April 15, 2002

I have been neglecting my duties and am five days behind on updates. I know that Joe (our Llama of the month) has been out of town for the last week so he won’t notice until he gets back. Dominica and I traveled to DC on Friday and returned on Saturday morning in time to visit with some of her relatives in Elmira on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday, Josh came down from Rochester and looked at a house in Groton with Min, Loopy and I. It had a lot of potential but we decided against it. It was just too small and run down.

My bright yellow Mazda PR5 is back on the road, finally. I can barely remember how to drive standard after all this time! My Buick is at my parents place and will be gone in a week or so. If no one decides to buy it by then, it will be donated to the VOA or something for the tax write off. If anyone is interested, $700 and it is yours.

Last week, new parts for my computer came in and I have been working hard to get everything to work but it just isn’t going to. I have already burned up one processor playing with it and have to send all kinds of parts back that are bad. It is all very frustrating. I have some new parts on order already. We will see if that helps anything.

Nate, Zach and Bob are out in Boston today. I guess that the school has Spring Break or something now. I thought that that was just two weeks ago. But what do I know. I don’t understand this school calendar at all.

I am finally doing something about my degree. I am going to my first mentoring session at Empire State College on Monday. Hopefully I can start some classes right away. I want to finish up as soon as possible. No point in waiting. It has been way too long already.

Eric is off to Anderson, SC today. He flew out of Rochester at 4:55 and will arrive late this evening in Atlanta and drive to Anderson. He is just working there for one day. He is supervising the programming of a scale. Very exciting stuff. He is travel man the next two weeks. Next week he and I are traveling all over the south.

This week I am working a super exciting job in Owego where I am installing Windows 2000 on desktops or something for Compaq. It is really easy stuff that is supposed to last all week but I am expecting will only last for two days or so. If they don’t cancel it before I even get there. That is the way that it normally works. If I get to actually do the work, this will be my third time working for a fortune 500 company. Good for the old resume. Not very exciting, however.

Well, it has been busy as I said so I will keep it short. Talk to you all soon.

Leave a comment