June 12, 2003

What a long night. I ended up working until 5:00 in the morning. Today is my one and only day for a two week stretch that I get to be at home for the entire day. No need to travel what-so-ever. I am very happy about that. I am not happy that I have to go to bed so early tonight just so I can get up extra early tomorrow and drive to the west side of Rochester for an all day contract with Dell. I am glad for the contract but this was not the best week to have it on. Although, it is nice that Min is taking her class in Rochester this week so that the four days that I got caught working up there this week coincided with her schedule nicely. So even though we are both out of town for completely different reasons this week, we both managed to see each other for almost the entire week.

I did some cleaning around the house today. Not much but some stuff just had to be taken care of. Mostly today is just my day to be at home and take care of all of the random things that I need to do while I am at home. The biggest task is working on the three computers that need to be set up by the end of the week. Eric’s latop is good to go with Windows 2000 Pro and SuSE Linux 8.2. Eric also has a new Windows XP Pro machine ready for him to use at the office at the UofR. So he will be glad to have a dramatically faster and sleaker machine than he had before. I had to give up on installing SuSE Linux on that SuperMicro server. There is some hardware combination that just isn’t allowing SuSE to even begin to load on that machine. So last night I started the very long process of downloading Red Hat Linux 9.0. That takes a good six hours or more. I let the last of it run through the night. If anyone needs to borrow the install discs, especially those of you with dial-up connections, just let me know. It is three big CDs. Once I had the Red Hat discs, the install went as easy as could be. So that is up and running now and hopefully I can get that mostly together before the end of the weekend.

Leave a comment