March 10, 2005

I actually woke up, on my own – without any alarm, around 7:00 this morning. I couldn’t believe it. Just five hours of sleep and I was up. Weird. Nothing pressing this morning either. So it wasn’t like I felt the need to get up and get moving.

Novell must have known that tons of people were looking for information on SUSE 9.3’s supposed launch yesterday. They are now only taking pre-orders for it and it is expected to release in mid-April.

So here is an interesting fact. In school, we are always taught that Russia is the world’s largest country by land mass and that Canada is second. This is not strictly true. In order to keep the position of second largest country, Canada has to include the Hudson Bay, which is a tremendous amount of open water – not a lake. By LAND mass, China is the world’s second largest country followed by the United States and then Canada. But all three are extremely close in size. [Source: The CIA World Factbook.]

Min is going to be teaching all day tomorrow down in Castile. It is her first full teaching day so far and she will probably be really busy. I am going to be going down with her if I can. So far my schedule is clear so it is looking like a strong possibility.

Is it just me or is everyone having problems using the Internet Movie DataBase today? I haven’t been able to get it to load properly since yesterday.

The blasting continued today. I can’t imagine how much blasting they could possibly be needed to do over there. This has been going on for way too long. At least Min was awake already today and they weren’t waking her up.

I was doing some office cleaning today (and boy does it need it) and I discovered some old bills and notes I had about some problems with Time-Warner Cable from when we were living at Observatory! I have notes about a manager named Mary Ann and the reference number, 11876748. This is the manager that they kept claiming would call me back. I called a dozen or more time – seriously. After a week they yelled at me when I said that the manager was blowing me off. They told me how busy I was and it was ridiculous for me to make an accusation like they were blowing me off. Uh-huh. I was supposed to be getting money back because they shut down our service and refused to do anything for weeks we were without service for a long time. I never got my money back, the crooks. The date on the nate is August 30, 2002. Two and a half years ago. No one has called yet. I don’t want to be rude and call them, though, obviously they are just really busy.

Today’s big project is writing up stuff for my college degree review. Yes, I know I should have done this in, oh say, December or earlier. But sometimes you just have to wait until there is a good time to do something. Apparently, having missed that window, I am going to work on it now. It took me three hours this morning just to get my login working so that I could see the stuff that I had already been working on! If that doesn’t indicate that it is going to be a long day, I don’t know what does.

Okay, so recently, in the past two weeks, I had missed my regular dosage of Protonix twice – I know that I go too long without it because it causes incredible indigestion and heart burn because it is my anti-acid medication. When I first had this terrible mosaic, plantar wart, I couldn’t get rid of it no matter what we did. I had it for about three years. Then I went on the protonixs and it just went away. Well, it came back when I missed the Protonix. But, I upped my dosage of the Protonix (I am still at half what my doctor recommends but I just don’t need that much) and the wart is gone again. I am positive that it is tied to the Protonix and this really indicates that. I have done nothing else to treat the wart to make sure I wasn’t causing it to go away through some other means.

Min and I had a meeting over in Perry this evening at 7:00. We went over and ended up not getting back to Geneseo until 9:30ish and then we went straight over to McDonalds to get some dinner which we had forgotten to get earlier. So it was decently late by the time we got home. Which is rough because we didn’t really feel like going to bed yet and dad is meeting us for breakfast at 8:00 tomorrow. Then we head over to Castile for Min’s first full teaching day. I expect to be going down with her but might get stuck in the office if something comes up.

Andy was doing some looking online tonight and discovered that Age of Empires III is being released later this year! How cool is that? We got to see some of the in game screenshots and the game is unbelievable. I have no idea what kind of monster machine that game must require but I am pretty sure that no one around here has a computer that can handle generating graphics like that. It looks like it is going to be truly amazing.

Min did some laundry and I worked on cleaning in the basement. It really needs an overall and I am doing what I can.

Leave a comment