May 25, 2005

I didn’t get out of work last night until much later than I had anticipated. I had wrapped up before midnight but we ended up having a problem as I was walking out the door and I had to stay for a few more hours. We never did get everything fixed. It was a long night. For two hours I was just sitting there waiting for things to happen at the end. That was pretty boring. I managed to plough through all of my magazines that I had brought with me and I take a lot of magazines with me every night just in case. At least I managed to get a ton of my magazine reading out of the way. I will be bringing even more with me from now on. The overnights make for a really good opportunity to get that light reading out of the way. I have so much of it.

After work I went over to the Geneseo Inn and hung out with Mary until after 5:00. I wasn’t tired at all and couldn’t convince myself to go to bed. I went home and did some work for a while. I had an update on one of our servers that needed to be taken care of sometime during the night so I took care of that. I was happy to get that out of the way.

Mary came over around 7:30 and we went out to breakfast when Min went to work. We went over to the Omega. Mmmm… potato pancakes. Yummy.

I took care of a few things around the house and then tried taking a quick nap for an hour before I had to go to my lunch meeting today. But by the time that I was supposed to leave I wasn’t feeling very well and decided that I was going to reschedule if at all possible because I was going to be completely out of it by the time I had driven to the city. I was supposed to try on my tux today but that just wasn’t going to happen so I will have to do that tomorrow. I called the guy that I was meeting for lunch and he said that tomorrow would really be better for him as well. That was a relief. So I am meeting him tomorrow at 11:30 for lunch.

Andy and I ended up doing some design work for a couple of hours this afternoon during my second wind. Around 2:30, I went to bed. Boy was I tired. Min came home from school and came to bed too.

We got up around 7:30 and went out to Wegmans to get some dinner and to do some shopping. We finally found a widescreen copy of Mira Nair’s Vanity Fair. So we picked that up. Then we went to the dollar store and to Walmart. We also picked up The Aviator which won five Academy Awards this year. It is the story of Howard Hughes, the famous billionaire.

We got home just in time for Andy to decide that he wanted to go to Wegmans so I had to turn around and go back with him. He said “Ha, ha, being a whiney bastard pays off.” He really said that. He is standing right here.

The three of us decided that we would play a game of AoE2 two on one tonight. We haven’t played in two weeks and we don’t get to play this Friday so it sounded like a good idea.

After the game, Min went to bed and I watched Matchstick Men which I have been borrowing from Eric and Amanda for over a year now. This movie really shows off Nicholas Cage’s ability to act. He really is a good actor but he so often does flat action films that it was nice to see him doing something different. It was an interesting film. Glad that I borrowed it, not something I see myself wanting to watch again but it was good to watch once. Kind of like The Sixth Sense which is great once and not very interesting to watch again.

Leave a comment