June 20, 2005

Mondays. Why are Mondays always so busy? Min starts her new job today. We didn’t get up super early this morning because we arrived so late last night. I am feeling better, however. So that is good.

Andy and I spent the day working on the Waste Watcher around the house. At 2:00ish, he and I went down to Leicester to help Jeremy deal with his computer that isn’t working. He bought Everquest II for his computer but it won’t load. Turns out his DVD player isn’t working. The CD portion of it works fine but the DVD portion is shot. So I loaded the game by remoting to my laptop with a crossovre cable. That transferred reasonably quickly. But after all of that work we discovered that the game wouldn’t run because the computer was dreadfully shy of the minimum requirements for the game to run. The most important short comings including the lack of a serious hardware based 3D accelerator as well as the necessity to be online for the game to even attempt to start. So he won’t be using that game anytime soon. He doesn’t have Internet access on his desktop.

Andy and I went over to Cook’s in Greigsville and got some subs for dinner. They have really great subs there. Rumor has it (okay, Art told me) that Heather Schaeffer is back in town having moved back from Florida just recently and that she is working down at Cooks. I left one of my business cards with someone who worked there to give to Heather. So we will see if she calls me or not. I haven’t seen her since she had dinner at TGI Friday’s with Josh and I back in 1997 or 1998 the evening before she left for Florida.

Min started her new job at 3:00 working until 11:00 this evening. Mary is training her on the desk. She will do the same shift again tomorrow and then the overnight audit on Wednesday night. Her regular shifts, though, will be just 3:00 pm to 7:00 am on Mondays and Tuesdays once she is done training. She will probably only get one week of training since this is her third hotel position.

I headed off to Johnson City (Binghamton) at 5:30. It is a bit of a drive so I had to leave early. I got to work a little bit early which helped me get all of my ducks in a row and everything rolling right as the shift started at 9:00. I made good time and was able to leave before 1:00.

Originally, the plan had been to crash at John Stephen’s home in Endicott but I decided that I needed to just go up to Ithaca and stay at the hotel. That way I could just get up in the morning and go straight off to all of the things that I had to do.

So I got to the Comfort Inn around 2:00 am. The hotel room was really nice. It had a full sliding glass door with direct walk out to the parking lot. I was realy impressed. I got a decent rate too, $85. I will definitely be staying there when I am in Ithaca. Especially now that I get a discount from Min’s hotel. Whoo-hoo.

Leave a comment