September 16, 2005

Last night, when I had returned home from taking Min’s car to her at work (and stopping at Tim Horton’s on the way back to pick up the very last of their toffee glazed donuts) I got home to discover that the dog had been extremely upset by my leaving him at such an odd hour. He had made a mess on the floor and torn up one of the waste baskets. Not what I was wanting to come home to so late at night (or so early in the morning.) So I set about cleaning up the mess and comforting the dog who was so scared that he was shaking terribly. He was definitely terrified when I got home. I am not sure how much he was scared because I had left him or home much was from him knowing that he had been bad. But he definitely looked guilty when I got home but very remorseful. I had to hold him for quite a while before he was doing okay. So I finally got into bed around 5:00.

But I didn’t manage to get to sleep before the phone rang and I had to get up and get more work done. I ended up not getting to bed until very close to 5:45! Boy was I tired.

Dominica and I slept in until around 2:00 this afternoon. Boy did I need that. I didn’t get to bed last night until almost 6:00 so sleeping in until 2:00 was only like a normal night’s sleep. We had a busy day planned and had to get moving right away. Before we even really got up Oreo had made a mess on the floor again. This time we were pretty sure that we had been so sound asleep and our schedule was so messed up that he was able to wake us up when he had needed to be taken outside. Then before we left the house I discovered where he had gotten sick, probably last night, in the office and I had to deal with that as well. What a great start to the day.

Min is starting a Bible study group with some of the girls from the Avon Wesleyan Church today. So we were planning on going over to Eric and Amanda’s house and Min and Amanda could ride together over to the place where they were meeting. Before we managed to leave the house, however, Dominica managed to crash into the closet in the upstairs office (don’t ask me to explain how she walked into a built in closet) and she broke the ring toe on her left foot. She was screaming pretty loudly and we are pretty sure that it really upset the dog. It took about fifteen minutes before we were able to leave the house to get over to Eric and Amanda’s house. There really isn’t anything that you can do for a broken toe. So we are just keeping an eye on it. As we were driving through Lakeville, Oreo got sick in the car. He was definitely still upset from last night and had felt terrible about the mess that he had made this morning and with Dominica screaming and yelling (and she had been carrying his pillow and blanket when it had happened so he might have associated that as well) so we are pretty sure that that is what caused it. Poor baby. He has been having a really rough couple of days.

So, as you can imagine, we were late getting over to the Millen’s house. Eric and I hung out and babysat while the girls were at their study group. Oreo, of course, came with us as he hates being left alone. It is a good thing that he is such a good and polite dog.

The girls got back at 7:00 and we ordered a pizza for dinner. Eric and I ran down to Pizza Paul’s and got it and we all had dinner back at the house.

We had to get moving right after dinner because the Ralstons were coming over to hang out this evening. We got home a little after 8:30 and the Ralstons were right behind us. We just hung out at the house. Art helped Min with a couple projects around the house like putting up a new shelf in the laundry room (holy cow have we been needing that – more shelf space for starters but much more importantly it has a hanger on it so that we can dry clothes in there instead of having to put that stupid portable folding rack out in the hallway!!) and hanging a new Roman shade in the master bathroom. The shade really does a lot to improve the look of the bathroom. It looks more or less like a finished room now and not just a room waiting for us to figure out what we wanted to do with it.

At almost 2:00 in the morning the four of us (Oreo rode along too, no leaving him at home today!) went out to Super Walmart to do some shopping. While we were there I picked up The Transporter which I have never seen but I have heard good things about. Art said that it was really good and the sequel is coming out soon so I figured that it was probably a safe buy. We have gotten so few movies in such a long time that it really isn’t too big of a deal to get one now and then.

After shopping we all went to Tim Horton’s and got some hot smoothies. Everyone got desert and I got a sandwich since I had only eaten some pizza all day.

We didn’t get home until quite late. I was totally exhausted.

Leave a comment