August 2, 2006: Free Monitors

I woke up at four thirty this morning with a bad tummy ache. It was eighty degrees in the house with the air conditioner running non-stop for days now which is probably not helping the way that I feel. So I decided that it was pointless to waste time just lying in bed knowing that I am not going to sleep and that there is plenty of work to be done so I just got up and went to the living room. I got no more than three hours of sleep and maybe less. That is two nights in a row now. I am going to be tired today.

Okay, so you are wondering about today’s headline. That was to get your attention. Here is the deal. It looks like we are going to be getting a very large number of 21″ Sony Trinitron CRT monitors in September and we are hoping to be able to give them away. We have places where we intend to use some of them but there are so many extra that we can give them away like crazy. If you are interested in getting one, let me know. They are free but require you to pick them up (like I was going to ship them for free) in Binghamton, New York. [There has all ready been a lot of response to this so don’t get too excited yet. We might have tons extra or not enough. We are hoping to have a good gauge of it soon.]

Today’s heat index is 120. ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY DEGREES! AH! Wow is it ever hot. Hot and as humid as can be. Everything feels wet everywhere. It is awful. It is like living in a sauna down here. The haze is so thick that it is starting to get a little foggy.

For dinner tonight Dominica and I went over to the Omega Diner. Just something fast and simple. Dominica has decided to start really seriously working no becoming a systems administrator so she has a lot of work to do tonight in addition to a lot of homework that she needs to catch up on. She didn’t do much homework last week and is a bit behind.

After several months – and by several I mean like nine – I finally got an email response from Tristan. He and his fiancee are still living in Wyoming but are hoping to be able to move back to the east coast sometime soon. He shot me an email and had me call him so we talked for about fifteen minutes or so. He was at work so we couldn’t talk for very long. This past week has really been my week for finding people that I haven’t been able to talk to in quite some time.

Leave a comment