March 22, 2007: Final Trip to Geneseo

Today is email day for me. Specifically the old email that I have been working off of for the past several years is starting to experience some significant problems and the new email that I have been working on for the past few weeks isn’t totally tested yet so I am stuck switching the email over sooner than I had anticipated. That always makes for a hectic day. But at least it forces me to move forward sooner than later and keeps me from being able to procrastinate. But it is going to make tomorrow morning that much busier than I had been expecting.

I had to work a little late this evening. It was close to seven o’clock in the evening before I was able to get out of the office. I got home and Dominica packed while I did some very necessary work to prepare for the server migration this weekend. That ended up taking about two hours before we were able to load the car and leave. By this time I was really hungry as I had not had a chance to eat all day except for the Slim Fast drink that I had as I was getting into the car this morning on my way to the office.

We went to the first McDonald’s that we could get to easily and ate dinner. By the time we got off the highway, found the restaurant, ate and returned to the highway we burned enough time that effectively we did not leave until after nine thirty. Very late for a drive back to Geneseo.

The trip was pretty mundane. Kind of sad being the very last time that we will ever drive to our “home” in Geneseo. The house in Geneseo has been our home longer than anyplace else since either of us was in high school. It was actually home and not just a building.  We had lived there for three and three quarter years thinking almost the entire time that we would be keeping the house for a very long time yet.

It was around three in the morning when we pulled into Geneseo.  There was some fog on the drive and just a touch of rain but very little and nothing to write home about (technically my dad reads this so, in a way, I did write home about it.)  Dominica went pretty much straight to bed but I stayed up and worked for about an hour.  I was exhausted when I finally managed to get into bed.

Leave a comment