I discovered tonight that Sofia, the miniature schnauzer that we got to know through emails when Oreo was in the hospital with pet food poisoning in 2007, was euthanized just a few months after Oreo recovered from his bought with pet food poisoning. Sofia had to be put to sleep due to complications arising from kidney failure caused by the intentional inclusion of toxins in pet foods by a Chinese food product supplier.
I did not find out until tonight, I presume, because it was too hard for Sofia, who was only two years old’s, owners and they did not post the announcement of her passing on to her MySpace page until today. I have been watching the page for over a year hoping that it meant that she had survived the poisoning but sadly that was not the case.
I’m sure that Adrienne Ostrowski, Sofia’s mom, misses her horribly. I can only imagine how awful it would have been had Oreo left us.
R.I.P. Sofia. July 5, 2004 – May 8, 2007. Our thoughts are with you and your family.