October 9, 2005

Dominica and I woke up in the Comfort Inn in Jamestown this morning. The hotel was nice and we enjoyed our stay. We managed to get packed and out by 11:00.

It was a pleasent drive through the Southern Tier with the leaves changing. We went straight back through Hornell and on up to Geneseo. It only takes about two hours to go from Genese to Jamestown.

We got home around 1:00. We hadn’t been able to get a hold of dad on the way back so I had developed a bad feeling. It wasn’t as bad as it could have been. But grandma was really sick last night and was lucky to have made it through the night. Dad had left Oreo at the house and had gone down to grandma’s to help out. She managed to get to sleep and was breathing okay when I finally managed to get a hold of someone down there.

Min went to work to work her double at 3:00 as usual on Sunday. I did a little work on Tammy Parker’s laptop which has been having problems. I got started on it but had to head out to Walmart to do some shopping for Michael’s birthday and I had to run over to the hotel to drop off some stuff for Min that she had forgotten when she left for work. While I was there she creatively “wrapped” the birthday presents for Michael.

I left the hotel and headed over to the Ralston’s pretty close to 4:30. We hung out for two hours, probably. Michael opened his presents and seem to be pretty happy with them. I talked to Art to get ideas.

On the way home I stopped by Cooks and ordered some subs for Min and I to have for dinner. That took quite a while. Then I delivered Min’s food over to the hotel. Oreo was really looking forward to getting back to the house. We got back and I went to the office and worked on catching up on the SGL updates which have been a little bit behind the last half of this week. Oreo needed some stable sitting in the office time. He relaxes when I work at the computer. So I stayed there most of the evening.

While I was working I watched Josie and the Pussycats which I have never seen. It is a silly and cheesy movie but it wasn’t all that bad. After that I decided to watch Tin Cup which I haven’t seen since Nate and I watched it together back in ’96 or so at his parent’s house in Perry.

After the movies, it was time for bed. I need to get some sleep because dad is coming by at 7:10 am to pick me up so that we can go over to the Omega and meet Dominica for some breakfast and get back to a normal routine. I have to get myself back into the groove of working from home five days a week. I am very excited to not be travelling anywhere for a while. It is going to be quite a change for me. A really nice change.

Leave a comment