December 25, 2005: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! Dominica and I celebrated the holiday in Frankfort as usual. We arrived in town around 2:00 in the morning and got a little sleep before we had to get up. The dogs fight over who gets to sleep with us and there isn’t a lot of extra space so it makes actually sleeping pretty difficult.

We pulled ourselves out of bed around 8:00 in the morning or a little thereafter. Christmas morning is a busy time. Everyone was awake and the present opening started around 9:00. Present opening went pretty quickly this year. We were finished not long after 2:00 in the afternoon. The highlight of the day was marshmallow guns. Dominica’s parents put together marshmallow gun kits that we each had to assemble so that we could shoot each other with marshmallows. That was a lot of fun.

Dominica and my big present for Christmas was a Canon Elura 60 camcorder that we had asked for. We are really excited to have a digital camcorder because we have been doing a lot of video recording using our Kodak digital camera over the last few months and we have really discovered that we would really like to be able to record a lot more stuff and in a lot higher quality. So be sure to be paying attention as new vlog content is likely to be coming very soon once I get this thing figured out.

I also got a game of twenty questions called 20Q which is really cool. It is a little video game handheld device that plays twenty questions with you. It is really amazing how good that it is at guessing what you are thinking. I am really impressed. It is a lot of fun. Everyone was addicted to playing Francesca’s 20Q game all afternoon.

At 4:00 we went over to Dominica’s grandfather’s house for the family dinner. We were there for several hours. I had to take off shortly after we got back to Min’s parent’s house. I have a funeral tomorrow back home. Min only gets a little bit of time to visit with her family so she decided to stay in Frankfort for another two days. It was between 10:00 and 11:00 when I finally got onto the road with Oreo back to Geneseo.

Leave a comment