May 31, 2010: Memorial Day

I really slept in this morning.  Liesl was up much of the night and we got very poor sleep.  She is still struggling with not having a bottle in the middle of the night and we don’t have any solution for it yet.  She wakes up around four and wants a bottle but she won’t accept a sippy cup or a bottle with a straw and she wants soy milk not water.  So she ends up screaming for an hour until she loses her voice.  Last night she got up and wandered about for a while.

So it was almost ten before I got myself out of bed this morning.  Dominica and Liesl were already up and presumably had been so for some time.  I have to work today as so many people are not just out of the office but completely unavailable this weekend.  So I got logged in straight away and made sure that I was caught up with whatever might have needed doing today.  Fortunately everyone internationally is aware that this is a holiday and there is very little going on.  It is actually a great day to have to work as it is a change from the normal and then I will take my holiday at some other point this week.

It is not supposed to be as hot today as it was yesterday, but still it is supposed to be in the mid-nineties all afternoon.  I looked at the forecast for the week and by Friday we are supposed to hit one hundred degrees and on Sunday it will be one hundred and four!  I guess June is busting out all over here in Texas.  This is when it starts to really feel hot.

This evening I got to watch Liesl go and get Cheer Bear, collect a diaper, grab the changing pad and lay Cheer Bear down exactly like we change Liesl’s diapers!  She even said “poo poo” while doing it!  She is growing up so fast.  It was so cute to see.

I got a lot of time to hang out with Liesl today.  This weekend has been great for us getting a lot of good quality time in together.  We got to play, read books, sing, dance and do all kinds of stuff.  We have so much fun together.

Liesl is eating much better now.  Now that we really are not giving her soy milk like she was getting before her appetite has really picked up and she is eating a lot more solid food.  She is starting to ask to have meal time which is a major improvement.

I got to play with my first SNOM VoIP phone today.  Setting it up was a breeze and, from what I could tell, the sound quality was very good.  After having been so disappointed with the Cisco VoIP phones I am hoping that Snom lives up to their reputation of quality.  The Snoms are a fraction of the Cisco price too and give a much more professional appearance.

I managed to get in a bit of Dragon Age: Origins today.  I am making great progress and am nearing the end of the game, as far as I can tell.  I played a bit at lunch and then again after Liesl went to bed.  I might have gotten four hours in today.

Liesl tried going to sleep at nine but got herself right back up and decided that that was not going to happen.  She needed oatmeal before going to bed and so it ended up being ten thirty before she finally went down for the night.

It was around one in the morning when Dominica and I finally turned in for the night.  Probably a bit later than we should have.  We really need to work on getting ourselves onto a more reasonable schedule that provides for a greater amount of sleep and coincides more with Liesl’s schedule.

Links for the day: The Day That the Easter Bunny Died and Teddy Bear USB.

Back into the office tomorrow.

Leave a comment