May 4, 2012: T-Minus Five Days

I had to be up early this morning so that I could get into the office for the non-farm payroll announcement from the fed.  So that meant getting up at six.  But it meant that it would be easier to work from home this afternoon too.  I worked in the office until noon then came home, did some phone work for a while then worked from home for the rest of the day.

We are starting to get a little nervous.  Five days to go.  Five days!  Are we ready for this?  I am definitely not ready.  So much to do.  I have no idea how I will get everything done that needs to be done.  This is nuts.

I had to do some fancy maneuvering of weekend support schedules in the office to make it that I can be free while we are in Europe.  Somehow I got scheduled to work the weekend support during my holiday so we had to juggle several people to find a solution that would allow me to cover some other time so that someone could cover for me then.  We finally got it figured out and I am actually the on call this weekend – which is really awesome both because it gets it out of the way and also because there is a freeze in effect this weekend so the likelihood that much will happen is not very high.  Likely it will be a quiet weekend.

The new global phone arrived today.  That is good.  We have it in hand and Dominica spent the day getting it ready.  So far she likes it a bit more than her old phone too, which is good.  It is faster and smaller – perfect for traveling.  And since we don’t really care about this phone as it is being replaced as soon as we return from Europe we don’t have to worry about it getting beat up either.  The new phone is an HTC Droid Incredible 2 replacing her older Droid X.

Dominica took Oreo the vet this afternoon.  She is very pleased with his progress which is good as she was really concerned about him a week ago.  The extra food and baths seems to be helping a lot.  He appears to be happier too although he now seems to be really restless at night.  I wonder if he is more restless because I am not wearing my CPAP?  I got the CPAP a few months before we got Oreo so this is the very first week that he is trying to sleep with me that I am without my CPAP and I wonder if that change is bothering him.

Tonight we more or less relaxed.  Not totally but some.  This weekend is going to be really hectic and there is really no break until we leave on Wednesday evening so tonight is our chance to rest up before everything goes crazy.

Leave a comment