October 6, 2014: Waiting on Career News

Back to work today. Feeling a lot of stress about the job transition process. Nothing has actually gone wrong yet but there is a lot involved and it is making Dominica and I very tense. We just want to get past all of that stuff and know what we are doing, if we are moving, when we are moving, where we are moving, etc. There are so many unknowns right now it just makes life impossible to plan. It feels like every moment is just more “holding pattern.” And this has been going on for more than a month which makes it that much worse.

I do know for sure, now, that there will be absolutely no news for at least nine more days and I am guessing that it will be even longer than that before we really know anything. It kind of helps knowing that there is more than a week yet before we get answers but in other ways that makes it worse because there is literally nothing to do but to sit on our hands for a week and a half.

Cool day today so I wore a fleece much of the day. This is my first time wearing a fleece to work in several months. Finally back to the weather that I really like. I love this time in New York. Sucks that it is so short.

Didn’t leave the office until six thirty. Got home and talked to Dominica about contingency plans for the new job for probably an hour just to make sure that we were on the same page and knew what we were planning or needed to do depending on any number of potential scenarios. That was pretty stressful.

After that Dominica went out to run errands and do the shopping and I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with the girls. We just camped out in their room because they wanted to watch some new shows that had just become available on Netflix today. So we snuggled and I just entertained myself on my phone while they watched a show about færies on the iPad.

When I got them ready for bed, Luciana put on her own pullup tonight. That is a first, as far as I know. She is growing up. Just a few days ago she finally got big enough that she is now, for the first week ever, turning on the bathroom lights by herself. She has been too short to do that until now. This is great, we can finally leave the lights off again!

After I put them to bed, maybe an hour later, Liesl came to get me to help her with the white iPad (the iPad 2 has the white gummy case.) She could not get Netflix to work. I looked at the iPad and apparently there had been an account issue and Liesl had managed to type her own name in to attempt to log in! This is the first time that I have seen her writing her own name on a keypad. A big step for her too.